Minyan Ohr Chadash meets for Shabbat and Chagim. We are a Modern Orthodox, Zionist minyan where singing and group participation are integral parts of the services. Teen participation in Divrei Torah and leading the tefillah is encouraged; youth are welcomed and engaged at all ages, with youth programs meeting weekly. Ohr Chadash welcomes everyone to help create this new, vibrant and cohesive minyan in Seward Park.
- Shabbat Shoftim, Friday, August 29
- Earliest Candle Lighting: 6:30 PM
- Kabbalat Shabbat / Maariv: 7:15 PM
- Regular Candle Lighting: 7:37 PM
- Shabbat Shoftim, Saturday, August 30
- Shacharit: 9:00 AM
- Youth Program Begins: 9:30 AM (Youth Program Schedule)
- Sof Zman Kriyat Shema: 9:47 AM
- Kiddush after services
- Class with Rivy Poupko Kletenik: 6:00 PM
- Mincha: 7:30 (followed by Seudah Shlishit & Dvar Torah)
- Maariv: 8:35 PM
- Havdala and Conclusion of Shabbat: 8:38 PM
- Monday Night Talmud class at the home of Rabbi Kletenik. Tractate Avodah Zara: 8:20 PM (Note change in time!)
(Visit the web site a day or two before Shabbat for late breaking events.)
Ohr Chadash Invites You! The minyan invites Seattle residents, guests, backpackers, cruise ship passengers and all who like to sing. Minyan motto: Everyone is welcome.
First Anniversary Party: Thank you all for coming. Photos
Ohr Chadash voted Best Congregation in JT News. "Best Congregation: The upstart Minyan Ohr Chadash in Seward Park takes the torch from many worthy veterans."
Purim at Ohr Chadash! Oh My! Purim Play, Purim Seudah with over 100 in attendance! Song & Dance! See the photos.
Letter from Rabbi Gadalia Dov Schwartz permitting Ohr Chadash to daven in the social hall.
Home Hospitality: Need a place to stay, or a Shabbat or Yom Tov meal? Join us at Minyan Ohr Chadash, Seward Park's newest Minyan! For more information, please contact our Home Hospitality Committee: Adrienne Query-Fiss email@example.com or Renee Hirsch ReneeHirsch6@gmail.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Join Ohr Chadash: You can now join here on the web site.
Please note site updates! This site is updated twice a week. Stop by and visit! Sign up for our email newsletter to get the latest!
We launched a FaceBook page. Please share some like.